20 March 2009

expectations.

For my Paris Prep Course, I needed to create a post that describes one thing that I would really love to do while on the study abroad. Then when I am actually there, I will write a response. I think it's a brilliant idea. Here is what I posted on the blog:

So in my own little world, my dream is to be found by Scott Schuman, mastermind behind The Sartorialist, while I am walking the streets of Paris. Maybe as I am leaving the craze of Paris Fashion Week or casually entering a quiet cafe, he will beg to capture the essence of my personality and outfit. Some may call this a passing fancy, but maybe someday...
(If any of you lovely fellow ladies also share my dream, group pictures are also available.)


But in reality, since this project is to "actually" come to pass, I would love to come across a jazz club or some swanky music scene (yes, I just said swanky). I am an earnest fan of jazz music, and I love discovering new forms of music, especially from different countries. Whether open mic nights or a regular piano ensemble, I would love to be a part of that scene.
Maybe I'll find it in this beautiful cafe...
Hopefully, I will find a place like this that I can retreat to on the weekends, and I would love and gladly appreciate the company of anyone and everyone.

Other things: take pictures of absolutely everything, live in the Musee d'Orsay, finally see Montmartre for myself, find open air markets for Saturday mornings, travel absolutely everywhere I can (Monaco, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, and wherever else), try every crepe under the sun, etc.

That's it for now!! Have an enjoyable weekend.
-laura
latelylola.blogspot.com

No comments: