19 September 2009

First Week of Paris

I really need to update this, so my family has some more information on my life... Here are some pictures and descriptions!
First day in Paris! We were all desperately tired, hungry, and suffering from a lack of French skills. Slap happy.
This is my fabulous roommate Cecile Larsen (aka cece). We were living on one night of sleep, but jetlag was still weighing us down. After wandering for a little while, we found a pleasant little cafe, and had the most DELICIOUS meal ever. Maybe because we were starved, but we were quite excited about the food and the adorable accommodations.
On top of the Arc du Triomphe! The weather was not amazing, but the view was breathtaking, along with the pleasant breeze.
This was just after we left our first day of church. The building was built in the 17th century, complete with cobble stone courtyard. And this is where we have our classes as well, so it ain't half bad.
Liz and I beneath the arch. Cute.
While walking around the Musee d'Orsay, I saw this American couple. Both with informational mp3s in their ears, they tilted their heads to "truly" take in the busts in front of them. Completely comical to me, sharing the American heritage, but the tilted heads against the three statuesque heads was the perfect juxtaposition. Thoughts?
It's Paris. How could I blog without including at least one picture?
This was taken in the Tuilleries while trudging to the Champs Elysees. I simply glanced to my right and caught the glances of all three men on the bench. So of course, I needed to capture it with the camera. Naturally. The more I look at this photo, the more I like it. The three just looking out on the tourists, while we return the favor with mutual glances. Love it.
This was a lovely little street with fruits, vegetables, antiques, meats, and no cars (though there is one parked there, but nothing moving!). I loved the varying ages along Rue de Cler, from kids just out of school for the weekend and older gentlemen taking their lunch breaks in their crisp suits. The culture of Paris is amazing, and I loved to be away from the commercialized downtown for a day.
Cece and I with some amazing pastries from a famous pastry shop... and I'm blanking on the name. Starts with an L. Oh well, the only thing that matters is it was absolutely amazing. Couldn't even finish it, because it was so good!
After a long day of seeing paris. I'm excited for everything that can happen in the next 3 months!!

xo

4 comments:

mcwally said...

Thank Heavens -- For Laura Clayon!
(sung with a heavy man's french accent)

LOVE the pictures Lola. I love how you have jumped in HEAD first and taking everything in.

Thanks for sharing so we can live vicariously.
Love you.

Elizabeth Clayton Smith said...

YOU ARE A MAJOR BABE!

I can't wait to hear more!

Love you!

made sweet said...

you look so gorgeous!!! the perfect candidate for the sartorialist!!!!

Unknown said...

Miss you! You look like you fit right in, my friend!