21 January 2010

dream wedding



Though I claim myself as a California girl, I do love the style of a country wedding. Martha Stewart has had several spreads of these types of weddings, and I admire how the pictures turn out. I absolutely love the look of rough beams and chinese lanterns in a little barn for a reception. Look at this blog post from A Cup of Jo... what do you think?

I would love a reception up in Jackson Hole, where my grandparents live, because wouldn't that be the perfect backdrop? *sigh

5 comments:

m spot said...

yes puuuulheeeeease! sign me up. reception in the corral with a bar j band, bubba's catering, twinkle lights along all the log fences and grandpa presiding.

Leslie said...

i adore that wedding dress at the top. a wedding in the country is SUCH a charming idea.

did you see this one: http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/real-wedding-mindy-jonathans-vermont.html

that's MY idea of the perfect wedding.

Millicent said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! Beautiful!

Angela said...

While I don't know if I would do it for my own wedding, I once played the harp for a country wedding ceremony and it was
absolutely
charmingly
beautiful.

Brittany said...

confession: i love wedding blogs.

is is so bad to want a wedding?

isn't this one so pretty?