13 January 2010

realizing

After living in Provo again for the past week or so, I realize how much I miss my city, Paris.

I miss the conversations I had with the people I encountered everyday, including my infamous host mother.

I miss the opportunity to visit the amazing variety of museums (cough cough... Orsay, Louvre, Rodin...).

I miss the array of flavorful food, from the pastries at the corner bakery, the meals at Cafe du Marche, the hot chocolate at Angelina's, and the bread found everywhere. Especially now that I'm off of dairy and wheat, I miss them more and more everyday!

I miss the classes I took, compared to the intense, but necessary, courses I'm taking this semester.

I miss the traveling to history-rich places like Arles, Bruges, Amsterdam, Normandy, etc.

I miss just walking the streets of Paris, seeing and encountering new things everywhere.

I miss Paris. But I'll be back soon and I'll endeavor to make the best of the next semester.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

my semester back from nyc was literally so so miserable. But it gets better, and soon enough you're out of provo. hang in there, i love you!

Brittany said...

look at your b-e-a-u-tiful photos, lady.
well if it counts for anything, i'm happy you're here.

let's play already.

Unknown said...

that's the beauty of Paris...it gives you something to dream about.
xox alison

Angela said...

Oh, I feel you girl, I do.