01 July 2010

london town.

I'm back by popular demand, because I found myself living outside the country again... But now, I'm in London!! I'm living in the BYU Center, just off of Hyde Park, and taking the senior courses for my Humanities major. It's a miracle that I'm out here again, but everything lined up perfectly for this experience. My parents say I should go into advertising, because I sold this to them so beautifully!! But it's true. This study abroad program is perfect, including research for my honors thesis, my advisor to my thesis, the course that is all about my thesis, a teacher's assistant position in that course, and both of my capstones being offered in a 7-week course. Not hard to convince people of its legitimacy...

So I'll try to add pictures and such as the program continues, but here are a couple from the first days of London!
Prince Albert Memorial, I always see it on my daily runs through Hyde Park.
View from the fire escape of my room. Turns out, I live on the 5TH FLOOR (which is kinda like the 6th, because they do ground levels first...). So I have a fantastic view along with my 4 roommates, but climbing 83 steep steps several times a day gets tiring.
I love Hyde Park.
A bunch of girls met up for dinner on our second day there.
Peter Pan Statue... so adorable.
After visiting Speaker's Corner, we walked through Hyde Park to get a bearing, and I couldn't stop seeing beautiful vantage points that my camera was dying to capture!!
Some of my girls from "The Pent House."

I'm dreadful at blogging, so my posts will mainly consist of photos and short taglines of my activities. Sound splendid?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

yay! I'm so happy you're blogging again.

I miss london. give it a hug for me!